Swordfish Steaks with Mixed Peppercorn Butter
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2 tsps chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground mixed peppercorns, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 1-inch-thick swordfish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Mash butter, parsley, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon ground mixed peppercorns, and lemon peel in small bowl. Season to taste with salt.
Heat oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle swordfish with salt and ground mixed peppercorns. Add swordfish to skillet. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn swordfish over and transfer to oven. Roast until just cooked through, about 10 minutes longer.
Transfer swordfish to plates. Add seasoned butter to same skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, scraping up browned bits, until melted and bubbling. Pour butter sauce over swordfish and serve.
Serve with rosemary roasted potatoes or your favorite side dish and Dutton-Goldfield Emerald Ridge Pinot Noir.