Pumpkin Curry Pasta
March 20, 2019
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (diced)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 tbsps mild, yellow curry powder
- 14 ozs can coconut cream (Cream only, do not shake can)
- 14 ozs can pumpkin puree
- 14 ozs can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 8 ozs pasta
- fresh lime juice
- Boil pot of pasta noodles, to recommended al dente. While pasta boils prepare other ingredients. When pasta is finished, drain then rinse with cold water to prevent overcooking.
- In a large pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add diced onion, minced garlic, and minced ginger. Stir and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add curry powder and stir. Cook for an additional minute until curry is fragrant.
- Pour pumpkin puree and diced tomatoes into the pan. Add coconut cream to the pan, scooping out only the harder cream that sits on top and discarding the liquid. It's okay to get some coconut water but definitely get all the cream. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/4 cup chopped green onions. Stir to combine. Add cooked and drained pasta (follow package instructions). Mix well. Garnish with a squeeze of fresh lime.